How to plan a wedding?
When getting ready to start planning your wedding, there’s a few choices you can go with:
Hire a wedding planner:
A wedding planner is someone who will guide you the entire process, while helping you make the difficult decisions. They will keep track of everything that’s needed for your wedding, and provide you list of local contractors you can choose from. They will do the research needed to find everything you need to plan your dream wedding. However, these wedding planners come at a price and you should expect to pay at least $1,500 minumum
- Research Local Wedding Planners
- Follow Up With Your Favorites
- Prepare for Your First Meeting
- Call Their References
- Seal the Deal with a contract
Use an online wedding planning service:
In today’s day and age, there are fantastic online services that will help you stay organized and understand what is needed for planning your perfect wedding. Some of these services are free while some charge to use their software. Even for the paid services, it’s a great way to save on your wedding expenses in comparison from hiring a wedding planner. However, you are going to be in charge and responsible for booking and ordering everything involved in your wedding.
Do it yourself:
While planning any wedding yourself is the cheapest method, it comes with great deal of stress and requires you to be organized. You can find plenty of checklists online to help keep you focused and on track. Here’s a few items to get you started and and start giving you ideas of what needs to be done
- Talk budget and decide who is contributing what
- Discover your wedding style.
- Choose wedding party:
Maid of Honor and Bridesmaids, Best Man and Groomsmen, Flower Girl and Ring Bearer.
- Create a wedding website.
- Get engagement ring insured and consider purchasing wedding insurance.
- Explore ceremony and reception venue options.
- Start assembling a team of wedding vendors:
planner, photographer, videographer, caterer, florist, and musicians.
- Begin compiling a guest list.
- Browse wedding dress and veil styles.
- Start your Save The Date cards